The Dramaworks Ethics Project
What does it mean to be an ethical person? How do we identify what is ethical when we are faced with challenging decisions and strong external influences?
The Dramaworks Ethics Project Presented by PNC Arts Alive is an exciting, digital storytelling project created to stimulate young people to think critically about their own ethics and principles. Plagiarism and personal responsibility are important topics in the classroom. In order to promote originality and resourcefulness, this project motivates students to learn about themselves, their individuality, and their place in the community.
"I just wanted to touch base with you and tell you how much I am enjoying the project/unit you sent out. It is an absolute masterpiece, with the benchmarks and such (you make me look good to administrators!), but much more fun is the student buy-in."
Lesson plans are available for either individual digital storytelling projects or a full class or small group projects:
- Lesson Plans - Digital Storytelling - Individual
- Lesson Plans - Digital Storytelling - Full class or Small Group
Residencies are limited, but may be available for your school or classroom. Please contact Gary Cadwallader to learn if you qualify for an in-class residency.
- Submission deadline is April 28, 2017
- Multiple digital stories will be recognized and honored
- Prizes for the top three most creative, effective digital stories include VISA gift cards for $300, $200, and $100. Awards will be announced on May 15, 2017
- Videos are uploaded by classroom teachers to YouTube, Vimeo, or Google Drive, and a link is sent to Gary Cadwallader, Director of Education and Community Engagement
Ethics Project Details
- Digital storytelling is a creative, multimedia approach incorporating 21st Century Learning Skills
- Open to all Palm Beach high school students, grades 9 – 12
- Lesson plans include Marzano Frameworks and Florida State Standards
- Lesson plans include step-by-step instructions for creating individual, small group or full class digital stories
- To guide educators, lesson plans also include digital vocabulary and links to digital storytelling examples
- All submitted digital stories are uploaded to our website and links will be sent to school administrators, community leaders, and Palm Beach Dramaworks' subscribers
- The Dramaworks Ethics Project Presented by PNC Arts Alive is connected to Palm Beach Dramaworks' production of Donald Margulies' Collected Stories. For information on school day performances or for tickets to public performances, please contact Gary Cadwallader, Director of Education and Community Engagement